During a workshop with Jo we used the song by Ralph McTell to create an album cover using the lyrics.
The constraints were as follows:
- document size 150mm x 150mm
- use the provided text
- use a maximum of 2 typefaces
- must only use type provided
- may use photocopier to enlarge or reduce size of type
- do not use any digital methods to lay out the type
- use clear grids
I enjoyed working on this brief with constraints and without a computer. The use of grids really did help in creating some successful album covers.